miércoles, 3 de octubre de 2007

One perfect rose

This e-mail I received today is in line with the dreary weather. I'm sure my friend won't mind my posting it here. In spite of being down in the dumps, she always manages to make me smile. I share her love for Dorothy Parker and her acid, intelligent wit.

I spent all morning adding and substracting. Ends just refused to meet. I decided to deposit my short-term future in hands of a coin - Heads, I buy food and eat this month - Tails, I pay my rent and keep my landlord happy and even put down some weight in the process. OOOhhh, politically incorrect Dorothy Parker comes to mind:

A single flow'r he sent me,
since we met.
All tenderly his messenger
he chose;
Deep-hearted, pure, with scented dew
still wet--
One perfect rose.

Why is it no one ever sent me yet
One perfect limousine,
do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck
to get
One perfect rose.

No hay comentarios:

Related Posts with Thumbnails